People remember good customer service. It is a great way to differentiate your business from other companies that are similar to yours. What separates good customer service from excellent customer service is response time, attention to detail, and your generosity with your expertise. With a little extra effort, you can make a big impact on your customers and their loyalty to your business.
- Remember, it’s all about them. Make your customers feel that they are acknowledged and appreciated and they will be customers for a long time to come.
- Engage your customers. Ask for their input, listen to what they say, and act on what you learn.
- Build goodwill with your customers. Focus on the customer at all times and they are more likely to forgive when something goes awry.
- Every customer deserves a response. When a customer leaves you a message or emails you, you need to respond in a timely matter, no matter what the inquiry is.
- Good customer service is a team effort. Everyone in your company represents your business no matter what their role is.
- Embrace negative feedback by acknowledging it and making changes to address it. There is always room for improvement.
- Foster a good relationship by being generous with your expertise and by identifying and fixing a problem before a customer complains. It shows them that you’re paying attention and are eager to help.
- Remain courteous and helpful at all times, no matter what the challenge may be.
- Exceed expectations. Go beyond the expected and give your customers something they didn’t anticipate. Be generous with your customers, and they will be generous with you in return.