During the holidays it's easy to feel overwhelmed, to overeat, and get run down. Follow these simple rules to stay healthy for the holidays.
- Stay Active
- Walk, move, dance!
- Add physical activity to your holiday tradition
- Bring a healthy dish to your parties
- Drink lots of water
- Limit alcohol comsumption
- Manage stress wisely
- Use health and wellness resources:
- Wellness coach
- Personal Trainer
- Group Classes
- Find support from your friends
- Workout with a partner
Most important, enjoy and be thankful! This a time to share with your loved ones, friends and family. Take a moment to appreciate all that you have and all the things that make your life special.
Healthy Recipe for the Holidays - Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 avocado cut in small cubes
- 1/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of kennel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/8 cup chopped chives
- 1/8 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup cucumbers cut in cubes
- 1/8 cup red peppers cut in cubes
- 1/8 cup yellow peppers cut in cubes
- 1/8 cup orange peppers cut in cubes
- 1/8 cup green peppers cut in cubes
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and lots of love!
Submitted by Lisy Espindola, Health & Wellness Director