Jul 2, 2020
Submitted by The Juice Plus Company
Mandi DeGennaro- Health Ambassador
We believe that a healthy lifestyle happens one healthy habit at a time. And the kickoff to summer is as good a time as any to start a new goal. I work full time and am a busy mama (and during this Pandemic, like most of us, we are all wearing even more hats than we used to), and that makes me even more grateful for the gift of Juice + integrated into my daily world and giving me the nutrition and overall feeling of GOOD everyday and that is why I feel blessed to share it with others...
Below, discover some ideas for healthy habits that help establish and reinforce the core pillars of healthy living: nutrition, sleep, fitness, and hydration. Pick one that speaks to you as an individual or family, and try to do it for a whole week. Or try one new habit per day for a week. Make it work for you.
The best part? Watch how one healthy habit inspires many more! Enjoy!
- Take the salt shaker off the table to avoid adding extra sodium to your meals. Try adding herbs like chives or cilantro instead. Do you grow your own herbs? I love the garlic chives and basil I pull from my Tower Garden
- Add 1 fruit or veggie to 1 meal per day.
- Introduce a new veggie to your diet. Get adventurous in the produce aisle (or in your own garden).
- Drink a glass of water before every meal.
- Swap out your white bread and pasta for whole grain options.
- Meal prep isn’t just for lunch. Branch out to prepping your breakfasts or smoothiesin addition to healthy meals.
- Snack prep. Make sure those apple slices are the first thing you see when you open the fridge.
- Weave in 1 plant-based meal per day. *Here are a few ways (I have many more I'd love to share with you)
- Make a list before grocery shopping.
- Do a plate check before eating dinner: fruits and veggies should take up ½ of everyone’s plates.
- Opt for baking and sautéing over grilling and frying.
- Swap out the processed oils in your pantry (canola, sunflower, and soybean) for healthier oils like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and avocado oil.
- Add frozen veggies to your smoothies like beets, cauliflower, spinach, and avocado.
- Create a written bedtime/wake-up schedule that gives you 6-8 hours per night and stick to it.
- Set a recurring phone alarm for 1 hour before bedtime every night to start to wind down.
- Put screens away 1 hour before going to bed every night.
- Add 30 minutes of reading to your bedtime routine.
- Add 15 minutes of journaling before bed.
- Go outside in the mornings. Sunlight helps regulate your circadian rhythm.
- Establish a routine and work out at the same time every day. *I have some at home workouts I'd be happy to share with you.
- Focus on an activity you like so it doesn’t feel like “work”ing out (hiking, swimming, yoga, rock climbing, dancing, biking, walking your dog, etc.).
- Stretch daily. Time it to a song.
- Add 5 pushups to your daily stretch. A week later, add 5 more.
- Change up your exercises to challenge your muscles in new ways. Fitness apps can help you keep your workouts varied.
- Pick a fitness buddy and set a goal together. Even if you can’t work out with this friend, you can check in on each other’s progress and keep each other motivated.
- Increase your daily step count goal by 10%. Or increase by 1% every day for 10 days.
- Take a walk after dinner every night.
- Start the day by drinking a glass of water. It helps to put a glass of water next to your bed before you go to sleep.
- Drink extra water with each workout.
- Snack on hydrating foods like watermelon, apples, celery, and oranges.
- Swap out juice for water or fruit-infused water or MOCKTAILS like this. (*Ok fine, here are some good COCKTAIL ideas as well)!
- Swap soda for seltzer water.
- Make sure to take your Juice Plus+daily with 8 oz every time.
- Drink a glass of water with each meal.
- Take a water bottle with you wherever you go.
ADD MORE GOOD.... We hope these tips help inspire a healthy summer for you and your family.